FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Friday 1 July 2016

DAY 32 In HAWAII: Time to say goodbye :-(

Note: On mobiles there may be large gaps between pictures. Just keep scrolling down. If you get an error message on the videos there is probably also a link in the error message telling you that if you click the link you can view it on youtube. The videos don't seem to work on all web browsers.

Aloha!

I can't believe it has happened! We have had to say goodby to Hawaii! :-(

It was an amazing trip and one we will never forget.

It is 9pm Hawaii time June 30th right now and we are at the airport (4:00AM July 1st Toronto time so HAPPY CANADA DAY!).

Our flight is delayed 2 hours and 10 minutes so we aren't flying out until 12:15am  (6:15am Toronto time). We have been put on a later connecting flight in Vancouver as a result. Now landing in Toronto at 6:45pm and likely getting home around 8pm.

A special note to my Lawrence Park Weight Watchers Group: I'm still going to be at Lawrence Park at 7am setting up for our Saturday morning meeting. If I can get there you can too right? You get to sleep in a little longer than me as weigh-ins don't start until 8:30am as you know.  I miss you and want to see each and every one of you! :-)

So how was your day? Mine was great!

I started off the day with a 10 mile run. I was running to help fight "thoughts". Check out my first video below to find out what that means. If you see an error message inside the video box, you should also see a link inside the box to go directly to where it is on youtube (for some reasons not all browsers display the video correctly).

Breakfast was once again a hodgepodge of left over groceries we needed to use up but but it tasted great. Jamie is a good cook.

Lunch was Ramen.

Dinner was Sushi. The picture of dinner is included below but I ate a couple of pieces before I remembered to take the picture (sorry). :-)


















I can't tell you what an amazing experience this has been. I know that I am very fortunate to be able to have this experience.  Thank you for indulging me by letting me post all my food and drink choices. Some of it was pretty ugly but overall it really did help me stay aware of what I was eating.



I can't write too much now as I have limited internet time in the airport but I committed to doing this blog until July 1st and it is now July 1st (in Canada anyway).

I am not going to stop the blog but won't be doing it everyday going forward. I like doing it but I need to be focussed on my work and my life.

I think I will still blog once or twice a week but the focus will change. It will be more like the blogs I wrote at the beginning. Blogs that hopefully have a bit of meaning and/or are thought provoking.

When I think I have something important or inspirational to communicate I will use this forum to do it.

So you won't have to look at every food choice I make anymore (just the ones I really like)...but you aren't going to get away from me entirely.

Hope you're cool with that.

Aloha!

Alan

P.S. Can't wait to see my Lawrence Park Group Saturday Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment