FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Thursday 28 April 2016

GIVE IT THREE DAYS. IT ONLY TAKES THREE DAYS!

I suppose I should not unequivicolly say that it only takes three days because I understand that everyone is different, but time and time again it has been proven to me. It only takes three days! Do you have three days?

This is the amount of time it takes for you to start FEELING healthy after you make healthy choices. Once you have done it for three days you will WANT to keep going.

I swear to you. I feel cleansed and I feel "ripped".

Just one look in the mirror tells me I am most certainly not "ripped" but it sure feels that way. My body literally feels like it is "tight" and everything is in place.

The short duration to my feeling healthy has nothing to do with my current weight or activity level. I can remember feeling this way when I weighed 50 pounds more. Throughout my life I have noticed that whenever I eat very healthy I feel fantastic in three days.

Want to feel amazing before the weekend is over? Simply start eating well right now! You know you can do it!

I decided that yesterday I would go to the gym and actually work out rather than puddle around pretending to. In fact I went twice. I went to Goodlife first and then I met my trainer at another gym. Some may say "that's too much" but my new theory is that I should get a good long work out in and then have a day of rest. It makes sense to me anyway :-)

Just to prove I worked out, if you have a few hours here is a video of me working out with my trainer. I say "a few hours" as it accidentally flipped over to "slow mode" just after we started and then sped up again toward the end. It's really just over 3 minutes. It's different anyway :-).



My food intake was good.

I forgot to take a picture but I had an Omelet comprised of a bunch of leftover vegetables and spicy Salsa for breakfast. I'm guessing you know what an Omelet looks like anyway.

For lunch I had a Chicken Noodle Vegetable Bowl with Rice Noodles, chicken, ginger, chicken broth, carrots , red bell peppers, scallions, peas, spinach, soy sauce, sesame oil and cilantro.



Dinner was Roasted Cauliflower "Steaks" with Tomato-Basil Vinaigrette and "Grilled Asian Chicken with Carrot-Cucumber Slaw"



I know it is only day three but I am feeling like I can keep this up until at least the end of May. The longer I keep it going the more my relationship with food will change.


I got my Fitbit Steps in too!


Who is in for a May challenge? One month of healthy eating! You can tell me how you are doing on this blog. Let's rock this!!!!

Alan





2 comments:

  1. I am still thinking about it! I have two days left. Right now - it depends on how the conversation goes with the 11 remaining boxes of Girl Guide cookies I have in my house.

    ReplyDelete