FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Tuesday 26 April 2016

ONE HAS TO START WITH FOOD AND DRINK

Hi friends!

I am not going to write blogs that are entirely about Weight Watchers because it would bore, well, almost everyone, but I learned a very valuable piece of information yesterday that I think every Weight Watcher Member has a right to know.

Did you know that a 4 oz glass of wine it 4 Smartpoints but a 3 & 7/8 oz glass of wine is only 3 Smartpoints?! You're damn right I used that valuable piece of information when I had three extra points sitting around at the end of the day :-).

I have to admit that although my determination was there yesterday, and I totally succeeded from a food perspective, getting started did take its toll. It takes a while to get back in the rhythm I think.

I knew I had a busy day ahead of me yesterday and didn't want the second blog I wrote to start with "guess what...I screwed up" so I got my butt out of bed at 5:00AM to start preparing for the day.

I had planned ahead and purchased the groceries I knew I would need the day prior. Trust me...being prepared saved me.

Be forewarned...today's blog is all about food because that was my focus for the day...so apologies in advance if I make you yawn, but other days will be more interesting...and hopefully deeper. Promise!

I decided the easiest way to start this off was to cook from the WW cookbook I love. This is it:



Today I will tell you what I made, what the ingredients were, and what the end product looked like. I am doing this partly because "food" was the focus yesterday, and partly because I really want my nutritionist friends and other "Non Weight Watcher" friends to understand that Weight Watchers isn't about dieting. It is about eating healthier most of the time and allowing yourself to indulge when you really want to have fun.

So for today we will stick with food. This is what I ate today.

Ham and Goat Cheese Frittata with Spring Vegetables.  I had one serving for breakfast and a second serving for my morning snack.

Breakfast and Morning Snack:






















Lunch: Grilled Tuna with Cucumber-Noodle Salad






Dinner: Spice-Crusted Roast Pork Tenderloin with Watercress Salad 

I'm not a fan of Canola Oil so I substituted in Olive Oil for this one (the points are the same).

 


















Snack: Frozen Fruit

I was given a Yonanas Machine by an awesome friend. You put frozen fruit in it and it comes out like frozen Yogurt. There has been a lot of discussion around "point count" for this, because fruits and most vegetables are zero points, but if you liquify it you have to count the points, so technically it does have points. I decided to follow the rules and count the points. The only ingredients in this are frozen mixed berries and banana (I'm guessing there is a lot of hidden crap at the commercial outlets selling a similar product):




Wine: 

This is what 3 7/8 oz looks like. I totally could have used my weekly points and had more but it was Day 1 of my Blog...I wanted to be perfect...if just this once.
























So food went well. What else?

I am supposed to think about activity and make time for myself, but at 9:30pm yesterday I hadn't done either.

I wear a Fitbit and compete with friends and other WW members. We can see each others steps online and at about 1:30pm I got a message from my friend Susan that said "What is it with the slow step count?". Geez...I can't get away with anything! Lol.  I had been busy all morning but I wasn't "active" all morning.

I aim for 15,000 steps a day and at 9:30pm I was sitting at 11,474. Nothing to sneeze at but the friendly nudge earlier in the day made me decide I needed to meet my goal. The only question was: How do I do it?

I decided I would go for a nice walk to clear my head. I would be getting "steps" in AND doing something "for me". If I stopped at the supermarket on the way back I could pick up whatever I needed for today's groceries. It was a great plan until I realized it was raining out...and the rain was frickin cold! So I drove to the supermarket, walked around enough to get to 13,400 steps and came home.

At this point I was on a mission. I wasn't going to bed without reaching my step goal...so I paced the first floor of my house until I did.





















Yes... I am certifiable.

There is one other thing I forgot about...sleep...I need sleep!

Oh well...one can't do everything all at once.

Hope you have a great day!

Alan

2 comments:

  1. Well done. Lots of positive choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have measured a sad glass of wine and paced my floor... Good to know I'm not the only one:)

    ReplyDelete