FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Sunday 8 May 2016

CONFESSIONS OF A WEIGHT WATCHERS LEADER

I didn't track my Weight Watchers Smartpoints last night.

The truth is I didn't plan to track last night...on purpose. I even went so far as to declare that I was not going to track on yesterday's blog post.

There is good news and bad news surrounding this decision.

The good news is that I didn't track because I knew I really didn't need to. I was nearing the end of my week (I start my tracking week on Mondays), and still had daily points left, plenty of weekly points left, and fitpoints I could use if I needed them.

So the reason I didn't track was because I had tracked so well all week I already knew I didn't need to. All would be fine...and it was...almost.

We went to the local pub and I had Fish and Chips (the beer battered kind) and a couple of beers (not light). I did it because I could, and I wanted to, and I don't regret it for a second.

There were two learnings last night though.

1) I was happily eating away until my friend Diane, who had ordered the same thing, said : "I can't eat anymore. I'm full". It wasn't until she uttered those words that I realized I was half way through my meal and I was full too. I set the rest of my meal aside and felt good...but I also knew damn well that if she hadn't uttered those words I probably would have powered my way all the way through it. I wasn't even remotely paying attention to anything.

2) Walking home we all seemed to get caught up in the moment. I think someone said "who wants ice cream?" and the next thing we knew we were in a corner store. I didn't get any ice cream but I did scarf down a snickers bar, and then went home and ate potato chips and dip. WTF?

Point "2" above was not planned and I do regret it...but I am going to let it go.

I suppose I could sit down and back track how many points I actually ate, and then determine if I had gone on or off plan but what is the point? Today is the last day of my week so no matter what the result is the answer is the same: Just make today a "normal day".

It's not quite as easy as it sounds as we are having friends over for a BBQ today, but I can still eat healthy options and drink my Smirnoff Ice Light (it's only 7 Smartpoints for a whole litre!).

I love Weight Watchers because of its flexibility and forgiveness. When you fall off the saddle you just get right back on and keep on riding.

One more thing...I must really be getting myself "beyond the scale" because I totally forgot to even tell you I was down 1.7 pounds at my weigh-in last Friday.

Here is to the wonderful week that lies ahead!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there! 

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment