FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Friday 13 May 2016

WHY OH WHY DID I GET SICK?

I don't like being sick.

It is simply no fun. Other than some mandatory work appointments I have spent the better part of the past three days in bed.

When I reflect on why I got sick it seems blatantly obvious. After all, hind sight is 20/20 right?

In spite of all of this blogging I STILL wasn't taking a holistic approach to my journey and it nipped me in the butt.

The three cornerstones of my journey are health, fitness, and fulfillment.

I have been eating well (for the most part), getting my activity in, but I wasn't paying any attention to the "fulfillment" peace, meaning I wasn't taking the time to do anything for myself.

I had thought about this several times but put it off because in the back of my head I was thinking: "Alan...you are going to Hawaii...the "me time" will come soon enough".

Apparently it didn't come soon enough and my body said: "Ok Alan...if you aren't going to take a "time out" for yourself...I am going to make you take a time out.

My body did just that and put me in bed sick for three days.

Lesson learned.

It is always great to have plans to take time out for yourself in the future, but that does not negate the need to make time for yourself each and every day.

I will figure this holistic thing out yet.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment