FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Friday 27 May 2016

VACATION STRATEGY

I will be going away for a month on Sunday. Jamie and I have a friend running the B&B and we are off to sunny Hawaii....for four weeks!!!

I can't wait but it is an awfully long time to be away. I can almost feel the pounds coming on.

To be honest I am ok if I gain up to 5 pounds...I just don't want it to be 21 pounds (and I did accomplish a 21 pound gain on a vacation in the past so the possibility is totally possible).

As we head into the summer many of us will be taking vacations, or at least spending more time socializing with lots of tempting indulgences around.

So how are we going to cope?

As I am a Weight Watchers leader I bet you think I am going to say I will track everything I eat and drink right? No fricking way that will happened. If I said that I would simply be setting myself up for failure.

I could make the decision to "just have fun" and deal with it when I get back but if I did that would I really be changing my relationship with food? I don't think so.

So here is the ten step plan to success:

1) Be active (doing fun things)
2) Allow myself some indulgences
3) Eat-in a lot (we booked accommodations that have a kitchen)
4) Increase the fruit intake (it's always a better choice than junk food)
5) Post a picture of everything I eat and drink on my blog (you will probably get tired of seeing this but at the end of the day I am doing this for me).
6) Know myself: I am usually good for about two weeks and then start to slip.
7) Request that you challenge me on-line if I fail to post pics of what I am eating and drinking.
8) Be truthful
9) Have fun
10) If I can attend a WW meeting in Hawaii (I know they have a couple but am not sure how far away from me they will be or if the time is viable...but if I can...I will).

I am going to do my very best to succeed, and if I slip...I will simply pick myself up and start again.

I believe I can do this.

What do you believe you can do to succeed?

Alan


No comments:

Post a Comment