FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Monday 9 May 2016

MONDAYS ARE "DO-OVER" DAYS

I'm weird. I love Mondays.

Mondays are a chance for re-birth. It's "do-over" day. How often do we get a do-over?

If we slipped on the weekend we simply say to ourselves, "OK...this is a new day and a new week. This week is going to be a little better than last week. I am going to do it over again and do it better".

The exception, of course, is if last week was a great week, but it would still be a do-over week. It's just a different perspective. If you had a great week you still want a do-over, because you want to do it all over again. Right?

I would perfectly happy if this week ended up being the same as last week, but I would be even happier if I refined it a bit. The question becomes: If I could refine it, what would I refine?

What would I do differently if I had a "do-over?

1) I would not have had the Chocolate Bar and Potato Chips and Dip Saturday night
2) I would have made better choices at our BBQ Sunday.

I was full of good intentions at the BBQ and did make smart alcohol choices, but I didn't make the best (or the worst) food choices, and my friend Diane and I both commented that we just felt uncomfortably full when it was over.

What would I keep the same?

1) I would track at least as much as I did last week
2) I would exercise
3) I would totally have the Fish and Chips and Beer on Saturday night (or something similar).

So today is the start of a new week. It is a time for rebirth. What will you do differently this week?

Have you started the May Challenge? How are you doing? It is never too late to start. Click below to read my May 1st blog if you need to review the May Challenge:

May Challenge

Let's do this!

Alan




No comments:

Post a Comment