FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Friday 6 May 2016

PREPARING FOR THE WEEKEND

Weekends are a busy time for me.

I lead my Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday mornings and then I am off and running doing my real job as a Realtor. If I am not prepared it can create real challenges from a food perspective. This is particularly true when you combine it with the desire to have fun on Friday and/or Saturday nights.

This week I will resist the temptation to have fun Friday night, (tonight) anyway, as we are having people over for a BBQ on Sunday and I want to enjoy myself then.

I know I need to be prepared but the question is always: How do I do that?

I think I figured out breakfast last week, with my home made Muesli and Berries I'm good. It's easy to make but I need to remember to make it on Friday night so it is ready for the morning. :-)

The question becomes: What about the rest of the weekend?

I have a leftover pasta and veggie dish in the freezer I will take for Saturday lunch but I am going to try out a new theory.

My theory will hopefully solve another issue and that is "recipe leftovers".

I'm not talking about leftover dishes, but all the vegetables etc. that pile up in the fridge. When I buy a bunch of leeks but only need two in my recipe, the rest of the bunch sits. This starts happening with a lot of things until you end up with a fridge full of stuff you don't know what to do with.

So this is my theory:

1) Take it all out and chop it up


2) Put it in a pan and stir fry it up (I also added a can of diced tomatoes)



3) Freeze half for another time and then put the rest in the fridge.

My plan is to use this as my vegetable "filler" so I can make things fast and on the go.

Need an omelet: Put some filler in it.
Need a vegetable? Use the filler
Want some soup? Add broth and used the filler
Want a chilli? Add beans and use the filler.

Yes I may get tired of the filler by the end of the weekend but then I can move on with the knowledge that I was healthy. It will feel good.

If I still have leftovers after the weekend I can easily make a vegetable soup with what remains and freeze it.

I'm feeling like I've got this!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment