FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Wednesday 25 May 2016

I HAVE A MOTOR MOUTH

I admit it. I have a motor mouth.

I have been trying to pay attention to the speed with which I eat and am starting to wonder if there is an international competition out there I should sign up for. I’m pretty sure I would win!

We all know that eating slower is better but knowing and doing are completely different things.

Last night we had an awesome salmon dinner, but I almost didn’t know it was awesome. I was halfway through my meal before I remembered to “slow down” and when I did slow down I realized I hadn’t actually stopped to taste the first half of my dinner.  

I am so glad I stopped. It really was delicious and nutritious!

Are you a fast eater or a slow eater? Not surprisingly, fast eaters tend to eat 50% more.

My goal is to try and pay attention to everything I eat this week and actually taste it. I’m hoping I will also discover that I don’t actually like some of the less healthy things I eat (one can always hope right?).

I’m actually feeling re-inspired now that I have my health back.

Can’t wait to get my hands on all that fruit in Hawaii! It’s almost time!


Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment