FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Tuesday 3 May 2016

HOW DO PEOPLE WITH WEIGHT ISSUES BUY CLOTHES?

I joke on my main blog page about how I realized in horror that I am wearing the same underwear in two pictures of myself taken five years a part. Kudos to the underwear manufacturer anyway!

In a way it is symbolic of me though.

Those who attend my Weight Watchers meetings may have noticed that I alternate two pairs of the same pants for my meetings. They aren't that different and they are both the same colour of grey.

I don't wear them because I love them. I wear them for two reasons:

1) I don't make enough time to do something for myself (like go clothes shopping)
2) I don't like clothes shopping because I never know what I will weigh next month.

The last point is actually a really big problem. I have an entire closet full of clothes that don't quite fit. They are all too small.

A week and a half ago I emptied the entire closet, threw them on a bed in another room, and said: "Right: I am going to go through these and I am going to give to charity anything that I know will never fit again".

At the time it seems like a good idea, but then I started the blog and that reinvigorated me.

Yesterday I went to go through the clothes and thought.: "How do I know these will never fit again?"

The clothes are all back in the closet.

So I'm once again stuck. This is not the first time I have done this.

The clothes I have are too small and I don't want to buy new clothes because the ones I have are actually nice and they might fit again soon.

I'm not really sure how to resolve this other than hoping it will resolve itself, but I do promise you two things:

1) I will get some new pants this week.
2) I will get some new underwear this week.

Hey...it's a start! Baby steps :-)

My food journey yesterday:

1) Mostly veggie Omelet for breakfast (with a little bit of cheese and bacon) :



2) Tuna Wrap for lunch:



3) Rosemary Chicken with Pears and Leeks ( from the WW Year Round Fresh Cookbook) for dinner:




I had some fruits as snacks during the day too.

It was a good day.

Get out there and enjoy the sun today!

Alan



No comments:

Post a Comment