FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Monday 30 May 2016

WE ARE IN HAWAII!!!

Hi Everyone!

We arrived last night at about 11:00pm Hawaii time (we are 6 hours behind Eastern Standard Time).

I woke up about half an hour ago and am having my coffee. Life feels so hard right now. I am forced to look at this:



I have been debating whether to be totally honest with you today but if I'm not than what is the point of this entire exercise right?

Yesterday was not a good day from a food perspective. I had no breakfast, a Burger and Fries at Toronto Airport, and Chinese Food (not the good kind) at Vancouver Airport.

You see I have this incredible skill for rationalization. It really wasn't that hard to convince myself that the vacation/health journey portion of the blog started upon arrival and therefore yesterday was a free for all.

I don't have feelings one way or the other about it...it is just something to reflect on. It is over...but it certainly wasn't changing my relationship with food.

On the flight from Vancouver to Maui I started to re-read a book Sandy once gave me called: "Better than Before: Mastering the Habits of our Everyday Lives"" by Gretchen Rubin.

I was really struck by one concept in it. It basically says the key is to decide and then stop deciding.

The point is that I just have to decide to be healthy and then the decision is made. I don't have to spend every agonizing minute of my vacation trying to analyze how to be healthy. The decision is already made. I just will be. It sounds almost too simple but perhaps there is magic in that.

I brought the book to re-read in the hopes it will help me on this four week vacation journey.

This morning is easy. We haven't bought any food and I can't even see a restaurant. LOL. Thank goodness there is coffee!

Apparently there is a grocery store close by so we will get ourselves sorted.

I think we will just have a beach day today while figuring out the week ahead.

I love where we are staying but the wireless leaves a lot to be desired.

In order for those who receive my blog by email to get it the same day I have to have it written by about noon Hawaii Time (6pm Eastern Standard Time). I doubt that will be a problem most days but if you don't get it, it will be there the next day. It means I was either having too much fun or struggling to find a wireless connection.

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you! Thanks for checking in and helping to keep me in-line.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment