FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Tuesday 31 May 2016

DAY 1 IN HAWAII: SURGICAL EXPERTISE REQUIRED

I discovered something new yesterday. If you are in need a bit of a surgical procedure and there isn't a Doctor nearby find an artist...one that is detail oriented. Thanks goodness I found that in Jamie as I managed to put my hand on a Sea Urchin and this happened :-(



More on that in a second.....

First a big thank you for helping me on my "food journey". It really will be a huge help to me. I will, of course, also post more pictures of Hawaii itself as the vacation continues.

The day started out well. We knew it was going to be a "getting organized" day and our plans were minimal.

We got to the grocery store and did our shopping:



The Kit Kat on there was because I had just bought some Michelob Ultra Light so Jamie quite rightly felt he deserved a treat too.

We had decided to go to an Organic Restaurant for breakfast since we were starving and the groceries weren't even home yet, but the place was closed for Memorial Day so we ended up at a 50's Diner called Peggie Sue's.

While away, I have decided I am going to try to have light lunches and dinners so I asked for two poached eggs on an an English Muffin with a side of Salsa, but they told me that although all of these things were listed as "sides", I couldn't have "sides" on their own so I had to order one of their set breakfasts. Damn! I thought fate was against me, but I found a Fruit Bowl with Yogurt and Granola. I had that instead and it was actually delicious!



For lunch I had two sandwiches (yes two). The bread was awesome. Quality bread...just thinner slices:



It was shaved turkey with mustard, tomato, lettuce, and pepper. It doesn't look like much but it was yummy!







































It was then that we had our "issue". Jamie and I decided to go for about a mile walk along the beach He walked the beach and I walked through the water at about chest height (90% walking 10% swimming). It was actually a really hard workout as I was walking against the current and the waves were hitting me.

I really did swim though!



As we approached the end there were rocks close to the beach in one small section:

















I knew it was a mistake but I decided to try and swim out around them. As I went around my hand hit a rock with a Sea Urchin on it and that is how I ended up with all the spikes in my finger. It hurt like hell for about half an hour but then the pain started to subside.

I heard alcohol was good for wounds so I had three of these while Jamie performed surgery on my finger:




Fortunately there are only 95 calories in a can.

We will keep working on it but the finger looks much better now:






Dinner at home was a Pasta dish prepared Jamie:



In the evening we had a nighttime treat of date rolls wrapped in coconut and almonds


Jamie wants to go to this place while we are here. I love Sushi but the name of the place does make me wonder. LOL



I'm looking forward to some Hawaii adventures!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment