FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Friday 10 June 2016

DAY 11 In HAWAII: HELICOPTER RIDE - Awesome Videos and Pictures!

Note: On mobiles there may be large gaps between pictures. Just keep scrolling down. If you get an error message on the videos there is probably also a link in the error message telling you that if you click the link you can view it on youtube. The videos don't seem to work on all web browsers.

Aloha!

What an awesome day yesterday!

Went out for an 8k run (it was supposed to be 12k but got too hot too fast so I walked the last 4k) and sent this video out to my fellow runners running the Chicago Marathon for Muscular Dystrophy. My eyes look Chinese! LOL. Partly from looking into the sun and partly from too much sun. I use 60 level sunscreen but getting in and out of the ocean all the time washes it off I think and the sun is intense here.

I will add my food into this blog tomorrow as I am a bit rushed today but I did eat pretty well and it is all documented as promised :-)  (UPDATE: IT IS NOW ADDED AT THE END)


I will post my food at the end of the blog today as I know most aren't interested.

After the run we lazed around, napped, etc until the afternoon and then took an amazing Helicopter ride over Kauai Island. 80% of the Island is not accessible by road. What follows is spectacular pictures of the Island as well as multiple videos:





























































My food yesterday:

I started the day with what is now becoming my standard. Greek Yogurt with Blueberries and Raspberries, sprinkled with Granola.



Lunch was an Egg Sandwich with Tomato, two Mandarin Oranges and a plum.



I had watermelon for an afternoon snack.



Then a Michelob Ultra Light Beer and an apple.




We went out for Sushi/Fish for dinner. This fried food arrived at the table for free before the meal and I wish I could tell you we didn't eat it but Jamie and I shared it. It wasn't worth it. Everything we actually ordered toasted amazing though :-)



We then had a meal that included Shared Sushi, Miso Soup with Soba noodles and some kind of diluted Soy Sauce broth, and then I had Broiled Cod (I didn't eat the bowl of rice that appears in the picture.




Another great day!

Aloha!

Alan



No comments:

Post a Comment