FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Wednesday 8 June 2016

DAY 9 IN HAWAII: Great day with the exception of 45 terrifying minutes

Note: as always keep scrolling down if large gaps appear in the blog while viewing on a mobile device.

Aloha!

We had an awesome day today...except for 45 minutes of pure terror (for me anyway).

The day started out with a scrambled eggs on toast (with mushrooms and onions)

We seem to have developed a routine of getting up around 6am, lounging around until lunchtime, having lunch, and then heading out. It makes it feel like a vacation rather than feeling rushed...and we could be relaxing in worse places :-)

For lunch we had tuna sandwiches with celery and tomato

It was then that we hit the road and headed to Hanalei Bay and then drove to the end of the road where we found Ke'e beach. What a breathtaking day! These are some pictures of our day.
















































Dinner was at The Dolphin. Thanks do much for recommending it Andrea Niles Day!

We got there at about 5pm but the dinner doesn't start until 5:30pm so we were FORCED to have appetizers and beer (well I had beer) on the outside patio.  We shared Calamari and Sushi





I didn't mind sharing the fried calamari as I had decided I would have grilled fish for dinner...the only problem is that didn't happen.

It wasn't a case of making an "I'm starving decision" as I had had the appetizers and was feeling quite rational...but the grilled fish just wasn't sounding appealing. I'm not sure whether I used it as an excuse or just made a decision, but the combination of it being $10 more for grilled fish and Jamie saying: "I think it will tasted better beer battered" were quickly followed by my saying: "I'll have the fish and chips please.


To be honest I do regret it. Not because I can't have it, or because it wasn't good (it was) but this week I have had my Birthday indulgence, my Luau indulgence, and a few other indulgences. It's not like I won't see fish and chips again on this trip. Oh well...we will move on and it motivates me to run again tomorrow.

To my credit I resisted shaved ice during the day. It is advertised everywhere and I thought I wanted to try it but as we were standing in line I saw them making it. It is basically ice and syrup. I walked away from the line-up.

Ok...so the 45 minutes of terror.

It happened at Hanalei Beach. 

When we go to a beach, I like to swim and Jamie likes to sit in the shade. The problem was that there is only a very small area of shade and there were lots of people in the shaded area so Jamie said: "you go swim and I will stay here (in the sun)", and we did just that.

After about ten minutes he waived to me that he was going to the shady area which meant he was either going to sit in the shade or going to the end of the pier where there is a roof cover (that is where the kids are dicing from in the pictures above). It is important to know that Jamie can't swim.

About thirty minutes later I came out of the water. I walked over to the shady area and he wasn't there. I walked over to the end of the pier and he wasn't there. At first I just thought "that's weird" and kept looking, and looking, and looking. I walked beach twice, walked the pier twice, checked the bathrooms twice, there was no Jamie and this isn't a big enough beach to miss him on. 

He had all the clothes and I could feel my skin frying in the sun. 

My heart started racing faster and faster as I started to image the worst. I kept seeing floating bodies in the water but they all turned out to be snorkelers. I walked out to the car twice...no Jamie. I was walking back from the car the second time, my heart pounding a million miles an hour, and was thinking that I had to tell somebody or start screaming his name or something, when out of the corner of my eye I caught a little glimpse of a piece of white material. I walked toward it and there he was, fast asleep, behind a frickin tree!!!!!! I swear I was almost dying of panic when I saw him. Who goes to sleep on their own behind a tree and out totally of sight. Jeepers! 

Oh well, alls well that ends well and it made for a bit of a stress relief, panic relief laugh after I abruptly woke him up.

We headed home and took the rest of the night off watching a movie called "Ten Cloverfield Lane" while looking out over the ocean (a good movie until it gets stupid at the end).

All in all...a (mostly) great day :-)

Aloha!





No comments:

Post a Comment