FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Sunday 12 June 2016

DAY 13 IN HAWAII: IT'S CHILL DAY

Note: On mobiles there may be large gaps between pictures. Just keep scrolling down. If you get an error message on the videos there is probably also a link in the error message telling you that if you click the link you can view it on youtube. The videos don't seem to work on all web browsers.

Aloha!

Yesterday was kind of a chill day. I think today and tomorrow (our last full day in Kauai) we will spend chilling out a bit too. We feel like we have seen everything we need to see in Kauai and we unless something comes up that we really want to do it is time to chill out, maybe read a good book, and relax.

I have been to a lot of places in this world and I have to say that Kauai is the new winner of "the most beautiful place I have ever seen" award. Unlike other favourites (South Africa, Bali, Rio) I couldn't live here though. It is just too small for me and I think it would only be a matter of time before I went stir crazy...but my goodness is it beautiful. The people in Hawaii are so friendly too.

I decided to check out a Weight Watchers meeting this morning.

For my WW group members that find an 8:30AM Saturday meeting too early this one is ay 7:30AM! :-)

I had my standard breakfast (although I am now out of ingredients so it is the last time I will have it in Kauai) while watching the sunrise.





















































It was a brand new meeting (their first meeting was last week) so only two members, the receptionist, and myself were present for the meeting but the leader was good and I was down .2 pounds! On my 13th day of vacation you can bet I was damn happy about that.

It did make me miss my WW friends at Lawrence Park though, especially since they would have been meeting the same day. I miss you! So thrilled that Sandy is running the meeting while I am away. It is comforting to know they are in good hands :-).

The meeting itself looked very much like the meetings in Canada with a few different products. Does this look familiar to the WW members out there?













We missed a parade today but at least we saw the horses afterward :-)







I have got myself in a bit of "skin" trouble. Although I have been protecting myself from the sun with strong stuff I am constantly in the ocean and I don't think it stays on in the salt water. I am getting excessively burned and it is getting worrisome. My skin actually looks kind of black around my eyes (it doesn't showing the pictures below). I think I need to stay out of the sun as much as I can the next few days. What a bummer :-(












































































We also visited Wailua Falls which is very close by and the older folk (meaning my age) might recognize the falls from the opening credits of the show Fantasy Island (remember "Da Plane Da Plane!") :-)












Lunch was a Rice Veggie Burger which I had never heard of before but Jamie made with yesterday's leftover rice. It was soooo good. He thought he burnt it but that actually added to the flavour. Edamame and Watermelon were enjoyed as an afternoon snack.


















































































































We had a little friend visit in the afternoon that seemed to enjoy eating out of Jamie's hand.



After lunch we took a short walk over to Lydgate Beach Park where we saw an awesome way to make fun relatively cheap almost anywhere. All you need is some plastic, a water hose and a hill :-).



These are a few pictures from our afternoon there. What a great idea to use rocks to build a safe "pool" in the ocean!












The idiot with his hands in the air is me :-)







































We really liked the Sushi restaurant we went to the other day so we went back. I had a very large beer and a Seafood soup I had seen someone else order the last time I was there. We also shared some Sushi.










































I thought about our Weight Watcher meeting about eating slow there, as I had no choice. Getting the crab and everything out out of the shells so I could eat it was a bitch but it was worth the effort.

I will admit I complained a bit to Jamie as I said: I can't believe I have to crack these crab shells with my teeth...they should give you the utensils to help you out. It wasn't until after I finished that I noticed this sitting beside me:






































Yes...I'm an idiot. LOL

We watched a movie in the evening and I almost didn't fess up to it but we shared this bag of chips.



Hopefully this will help the eyes :-)






































Aloha

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment