FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Friday 3 June 2016

DAY 4 IN HAWAII: THE ROAD TO HANA: SPECTACULAR! Pictures and Videos of our day at the end of the blog.

Aloha!



Pre-blog note: If there are large gaps in the spacing on the blog my apologies in advance. I haven't quite figured out why that is happening. Just keep scrolling down until you see "Aloha Alan" :-)

It was a fantastic day today. We were up at 5:00AM and because I knew I would have no time for breakfast I pre-bought this granola yogurt fruit bowl.







































We then hit the Road to Hana. It's a famous drive with a lot of stops along the way but it basically involves about 6 hours of driving along roads that constantly twist and turn. This video is only a mild section of what we drove through (and you can see a sense of the "windiness" if you look at the GPS screen in the car):



We enjoyed the trip very much but we wouldn't do it again. Once is a must and once is enough. When you get out of the car at the end you feel a bit like you have been on a never ending rollercoaster.

We packed food for the day. Some was good and a lot was not so healthy but the following is what was consumed along the way plus some additional fruit.












































































This is a home made roast beef and cheese sandwhich for the road.







































We read multiple places that we HAD to buy Banana Bread in Hana so we did (they were sampling it with jelly and once we tasted the jelly we had to buy that too).



As soon as we got home we had a quarter of the loaf each (with jelly). This is my serving:



Dinner at home was skinless chicken with eggs, rice and green beans:







































Late night snack was rice thin crackers with cheese (I'm not tracking but I did calculate the cheese out at 3 Smartpoints for 2 Tablespoons):







































The stop involved a lot of challenging walks up hills and through rocky terrain so I feel like I got a good workout. I spent about an hour and a half swimming in the ocean too. Hopefully that helped counterbalance at least a bit of the food.

These are some additional pictures from our drive and stops along the road to Hana:




















































































Here are a few videos we took:



Today is my birthday. I thought abought saying I was just going to enjoy the day, not worry today and not post my food, but I have decided that instead I will enjoy the day, not wirry today and post my food anyway. It is what it is and it is all part of the journey.

Photos tomorrow :-) I am going snorkelling at an underwater crater tomorrow too!

Aloha

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment