FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Tuesday 7 June 2016

DAY 8 IN HAWAII: TRANSITIONING FROM MAUI TO KAUAI

Note: some will experience huge space gaps if viewing on a mobile. Sorry about that. Just keep scrolling down.

Aloha!

Yesterday was mostly a travel day for us as we had to leave the beautiful Island of Maui.

Bye Bye Maui!







































Don't feel to bad for us though. We were leaving to head for what what we have been told is the extremely beautiful Island of Kauai. I have only been here for an afternoon/evening but many people have told me it is their favourite Island. So far I can understand why!

The morning back in Maui started off well as I got my butt out of bed at 5AM, had coffee, did some light warm up and headed out for a 10KM run along the waterfront. It was beautiful. The temperature was starting to rise and that made the last 2k tough but I kept telling myself not to make excuses and got the deed done.








































After the run I soaked my body in the ocean for 20 minutes, and then the hot tub for 20 minutes and then it was time for breakfast.

This was breakfast:







































The bread is "thin slice", there is some jelly we bought at the local market and there are cherries and some mango.

Anyone see a problem with this?

There really wasn't much protein after a 10km run and by the time we got to the airport I was craving it so bad I ended up having this (it's Burger King Burger):







































I don't regret it. It is a small airport and there were few options and I managed to resist the fries and pop. Celebrate the small victories I say.

When we arrived in Kauai the first thing that struck me was how beautiful it is. At the time of writing this we have only been here a few hours but here are some initial pictures.


This is the view sitting on the patio outside the room at our resort:


After arriving we went straight out to the supermarket and got ourselves stocked up for the week.

Jamie made a delicious Currie Chicken dinner.







































We spent the rest of the night enjoying our new home (with two glasses of wine of course)






































The water can be a bit rough here tonight


This must be a shrine to someone who drowned :-(







Kauai seems like a more laid back kind of place. Hanalei Beach has been recommended by a couple of people so perhaps we will head there today. We will simply have to see what unfolds.

If anyone has any recommendations for things for us to do in Kauai please let us know :-)

Aloha!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment