FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Saturday 11 June 2016

DAY 12 IN HAWAII: DRIVING THE GRAND CANYON OF THE PACIFIC

Note: On mobiles there may be large gaps between pictures. Just keep scrolling down. If you get an error message on the videos there is probably also a link in the error message telling you that if you click the link you can view it on youtube. The videos don't seem to work on all web browsers.

Aloha!

It was another great day here in Kauai, Hawaii! We had to head out quite early as we were driving over to the other end of the Island to check out what is known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. I had my standard breakfast as I watched the sun come up :-)

For those of you following the food part of the journey (I know...hardly anyone) I did go back and add in the food to yesterday's blog as promised...just had to rush out early yesterday. For those of you confused about the food posts, that part is more for me than anyone else. It is keeping me honest and aware of what I choose to consume on vacation.



I don't have a lot to write on this blog as the pictures speak for themselves. Absolutely breathtaking.

I forgot to take a picture on lunch but it was more like a late breakfast. I had Bacon and Eggs with one slice of toast and a pancake. Not the healthiest I know but it was quite an active day (we hiked through trails) so hopefully that will help keep my in check.

 

I also found out there is a 7:30AM Weight Watchers meeting in Kuwai this morning! The group only started last week so I am not sure how many members will be there but I am going to go and check it out :-)

These are the pictures from today:



























































Within about a minute the weather can change form cloudy to totally clear skies here.


After the adventure through the Canyon I had an Iced Coffee

Dinner was Curry Chicken. 


I enjoyed three glasses of wine this evening.


I don't think I am coming home.

Aloha!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment