FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Sunday 26 June 2016

DAY 27 IN HAWAII: DAMN YOU SANDY SEYMOUR!

Note: On mobiles there may be large gaps between pictures. Just keep scrolling down. If you get an error message on the videos there is probably also a link in the error message telling you that if you click the link you can view it on youtube. The videos don't seem to work on all web browsers.

Aloha!

I started off the day by venturing off to a Weight Watchers Meeting in Honolulu. I enjoyed the meeting and was thrilled that after 25 days on vacation I was only up 1.6 pounds. Yay!!!

Below is Cara the leader (on the left) and the two receptionists. It was great to meet everyone and I enjoyed the meeting :-)































When I got back home around 9:00AM we had a very simple breakfast.










































































We were planning to go to the Honolulu Zoo as it is close by and a couple of people had told us it was great but as we were walking there we got into a conversation about whether or not we should pay to support viewing animals that are being held captive. We decided to skip the zoo and watch this human monkey in a tree instead :-)






































After watching the monkey for a while we just relaxed on the beach for the morning. I expect we will be doing this a lot the last few days which make for a less interesting blog...but we have seen so much we mostly just want to chill now. "Chill" means "Relax". I am learning to speak Hawaiian. :-).

Jamie likes to sleep under a tree on the beach and I like to to swim in the ocean. Neither is conducive to holding a camera I am afraid so I don't have any photos of the beach.

Lunch was quite a bad choice. The beer wasn't. I loved the beer. But I ordered a Burger and Fries and Jamie ordered battered Fish and Chips and we shared. It is what it is. The food wasn't bad but not really worth it.

We then went back to the beach and repeated our morning. It was wonderful.

We had thought we would go for a nice dinner as we met 18 years ago today but since we had such a big lunch we just cooked a chicken and veggie dish (no rice, pasta or potato) at home (the third pic below).

After 18 years we didn't feel like we were depriving ourselves by not going out. This whole trip is a celebration and we have a really nice dinner planned for our last night here anyway. We simply walked around after dinner, and then came home and chilled and watched a movie.







t
The first day we were here we went for Udon around the corner and there was no line up. We didn't know how lucky we were. The line-up pictured below has been there every time we have walked by since!






























While we were eating lunch I said to Jamie: You know, I do a lot but I know I'm getting older because three years ago I totally would have tried surfing and now I wouldn't even fathom doing that.

I then looked at my facebook page and there was my friend Sandy posting about how she was going to try Scuba Diving.

Sandy (my WW leader and good friend) has lost over 100 pounds and only started swimming lessons a couple of months ago! She inspires me and she certainly did yesterday. Today she is posting about going hang gliding. She never stops!

So now I am going to looking into surfing lessons. I am NOT saying I am going to do it yet...but that I am researching it.

We shall see.

Damn you Sandy Seymour. When are you going to stop pushing me to be my best "me"?

Aloha!

Alan




No comments:

Post a Comment