FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Saturday 18 June 2016

DAY 19 IN HAWAII: Chicago Marathon 2016 KICKS OFF!!!

Note: On mobiles there may be large gaps between pictures. Just keep scrolling down. If you get an error message on the videos there is probably also a link in the error message telling you that if you click the link you can view it on youtube. The videos don't seem to work on all web browsers.

Aloha!

I hope everyone is doing great!

I started off yesterday doing what almost everyone does when they first get up. A 10 mile run (or 16Km Canadian :-) ). I'm right right?








































This is the furthest I have run since last October (in truth I haven't run a lot since last October), so just to be safe I put these special "ice pack" bandages around my ankles. They are frickin cold!







































10 miles is great but I have a long way to go. This tun alone took me over two hours. I have to work up to 26.2 miles (42km) by October 9th. It is going to take a lot of work, a lot of discipline, and a lot of "injury prevention" care, but I will get there.

I am running for Muscular Dystrophy (MDA Team Momentum) again this year. In particular I am running for a boy named Finn and my friend Courtney's Dad. This is Finn:



His Dad Patrick is an an incredible man who will be "running the run" with me, as will my friend Courtney. They both step up to the plate to assist their families whenever and whenever they can and have touched my soul.

This is the "post run" kick off video:




I do hope you will click on the link below and sponsor me on my Marathon run for MDA. I will be working hard for your donations. I will be running at least three times a week, as well as doing counter-balancing activities to get myself up to that 42km run mark as safely as I can. This will be damn hard dedicated long-term work...but I will get there.

If you can be so kind as to sponsor me the link is here: Sponsor Alan's Marathon Run for Muscular Dystrophy

Ok...enough of that. We had another awesome day at the beach post run.

I won't post more of the same pictures of the same beach again but the Turtle and I are becoming friends.
































Breakfast today was an extra half of a turkey sandwich left over from yesterday and Greek Yogurt with raspberries, blackberries and Granola. Should have some good after-run protein and fibre in there anyway.












































































Lunch was leftover healthy and homemade Pad Thai from yesterday with egg on top.







































Dinner. Well what can I say. It was Friday night on vacation. This was dinner:












































































We are off to an early start today as we are driving over to the other side of the Island to see one of the worlds most frequently active volcanoes. Who knows what we will see! :-)

We are staying at a hotel on the other side of the Island tomorrow and I am not sure if there will be time (or wifi) to write my blog tomorrow so if it doesn't arrive don't worry. I will cover two days the next day.

Aloha!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment