FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Saturday 4 June 2016

DAY 5 IN HAWAII: WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY!

Aloha!

I had a fantastic Birthday here in Maui.

We started it off with a beautiful 15 minute drive to 7:00AM snorkelling aboard the Four Winds II




Since it was my birthday I decided I wouldn't worry too much about what I ate but I WOULD post what I ate. There was a continental breakfast on board which was basically muffins and fruit and coffee:



We enjoyed a scenic boat ride out to Molokini Crater




One thing that never fails to amaze me is what people will do when something is free (especially if it isn't really free but they had prepaid for it). The bar was open at 8AM and there was a line-up for beer as soon as it opened. I did not partake (although I did have a glass of wine on board closer to noon).

I snorkelled a bit and then had lunch





Lunch was served at 9:30AM and was a mini buffet. I had a hotdog and chips (I will admit I also had a Pulled Pork sandwich but forgot to take a picture):



Then I snorkelled some more :-)



Then we started the beautiful drive back






Two fish were caught enroute home. Here is a video of one being caught: 

The snorkelling excursion ended about 12:30pm and we headed home. Of course since "lunch" was served at 9:30AM we were hungry so we had Banana bread and jelly.


We lazed around by the pool and hot tub (have I mentioned I like hot tubs?) for the afternoon and then went for a fabulous dinner at 5 Palms restaurant by the water. When making the reservations we told them it was my birthday and I got a nice birthday card signed by the staff (but no free cake :-( ).


I had a roll (it was my birthday!) with Hawaiin butter that was yummy


Jamie had Dragon Sushi and I had Pork Ribs as appetizers (and we shared a bit):



I had a Mai Tai and a glass of Pinot Grigio


For our main courses Jamie had a pasta dish and I had some kind of fish I can't pronounce. Both were winners.


After this we were quite full so we decided not to have dessert (although I really did think a free birthday cake would show up).

It was a wonderful night. These are some more pics from the restaurant






It was a great day and evening and a perfect birthday.

Aloha!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment