FEATURED POST: THE FIRST POST OF THIS BLOG

MY JOURNEY BEYOND THE SCALE TRULY BEGINS TODAY

One would think that as a person who has spent over a year attending classes at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, and who has spent the l...

Sunday 5 June 2016

DAY 6 HAWAII: I FINALLY GOT LEI'D!

Yes folks, it happened. I didn't think it would ever happen but it did. I got Lei'd in Hawaii!



















We had a "take it easy" day today although I did go for an 8km run in the morning.













In truth it wan't completely easy as I had to finish up some dreaded work. I had to work on my taxes (I'm self employed so they aren't due until June 15th) :-(. I still have some more to do but am hoping I can finish it up on our "travel day" tomorrow.

Breakfast was more like a lunch yesterday:




















Lunch was more like a breakfast :












































































We had really been hoping to go to a specific luau as it is supposed to be the most traditional but it was sold out weeks in advance. We put our name on a wait list and around 11:00AM we got the call. We were in! It is called Old Lahaina Luau .

When we got there I got my lei. I was so happy :-)

The cooking of the pig was decribed by the guy who gave me my Lei. I call him Aladin :-)


 We met some really nice people and had an all around great time.

Dinner was a buffet and I am being truthful when I say everything had a uniquely Hawaiin flare to it. Even the bread roll had Guava Butter (which is quite sweet). This is really just my way of saying I ate too much.






Here are some pics and videos of the Luau:
























After the Luau we drove down the street as a friend of Jamie's had suggested we checkout Mic Fleetwoods Bar. It was bit too early for the nightlife to have begun but we did discover another beautiful part of Maui.






Today will be our last full day in Maui. We are going to go bag to Big Beach and Little Beach. It is so nice there.

We will be sad to leave this amazing place.

Aloha

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment